By signing up with 1ShoppingCart®, you agree to the following Acceptable Use Policy.
This Acceptable Use Policy (this “Policy”) governs the usage of 1ShoppingCart® products and services (the “Services”). This Policy is incorporated by reference into each contract 1ShoppingCart® enters into with a client (each, a “Client”) for the use of such Services. 1ShoppingCart® may modify this Policy at any time without notice. In addition, this Policy is incorporated by reference into the Terms and Conditions applicable to 1ShoppingCart®‘s Website so that no person who utilizes 1ShoppingCart®‘s Website (regardless of whether that person is a Client) may take any action utilizing 1ShoppingCart®‘s Website that a Client would be prohibited to take utilizing the Services.
The purpose of this Policy is to enhance the quality of the Services and to protect 1ShoppingCart®‘s customers, and the Internet community as a whole, from illegal, irresponsible, or disruptive Internet activities. This Policy applies to each Client and its employees, agents, contractors or other users of such Client who obtain Services from 1ShoppingCart® (each such person being a “User”). Each User should use common sense and good judgment in connection with the Services. Parents or guardians should always supervise minors in using the Internet. Parents and guardians should remain aware at all times of what is on the Internet and how the minors under their care are using the Services and the Internet.
Users may not:
- Utilize the Services to send mass unsolicited email to third parties. Provided, however, that Users may use software programs or services provided by 1ShoppingCart® to send unsolicited commercial email so long as the User ensures that such transmissions comply with all applicable regulations, rules and laws, including, without limitation, the U.S. CAN-SPAM Act of 2003
Utilize the Services in connection with any illegal
Without limiting the general application of this rule, Users
- Utilize the Services to copy material from third parties (including text, graphics, music, videos or other copyrightable material) without proper authorization;
- Utilize the Services to misappropriate or infringe the patents, copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party;
- Utilize the Services to traffic in illegal drugs, illegal gambling, obscene materials or other any products or services that are prohibited under applicable law;
- Utilize the Services to export encryption software to points outside the United States in violation of applicable export control laws; or
- Utilize the Services in any manner that violates applicable law.
Utilize the Services in connection with any tortious or actionable
Without limiting the general application of this rule, Users
- Utilize the Services to publish or disseminate information that (A) constitutes slander, libel or defamation, (B) publicizes the personal information or likeness of a person without that person’s consent or (C) otherwise violates the privacy rights of any person.
- Utilize the Services to threaten persons with bodily harm, to make harassing or abusive statements or messages, or to solicit the performance of acts or services that are illegal under applicable law.
Utilize the Services in connection with any other disruptive or abusive activity.
Without limiting the general application of this rule, Users may not:
- Utilize the Services to cause denial of service attacks against 1ShoppingCart® or other network hosts or Internet users or to otherwise degrade or impair the operation of 1ShoppingCart®‘s servers and facilities or the servers and facilities of other network hosts or Internet users;
- Post messages or software programs that consume excessive CPU time or storage space;
- Utilize the Services to offer mail services, mail forwarding capabilities, POP accounts or autoresponders other than for the User’s own account;
- Utilize the Services to resell access to CGI scripts installed on 1ShoppingCart®‘s servers;
- Utilize the Services to subvert, or assist others in subverting, the security or integrity of any 1ShoppingCart® systems, facilities or equipment;
- Utilize the Services to gain unauthorized access to the computer networks of 1ShoppingCart® or any other person;
- Utilize the Services to provide passwords or access codes to persons not authorized to receive such materials by the operator of the system requiring the password or access code;
- Utilize the Services to (A) forge the signature or other identifying mark or code of any other person, (B) impersonate or assume the identity or any other person, or (C) engage in any other activity (including “spoofing”) to attempt to deceive or mislead other persons regarding the true identity of the User (excluding the use of anonymous remailers or Internet nicknames);
- Utilize the Services to distribute or post any virus, worm, Trojan horse, or computer code intended to disrupt services, destroy data, destroy or damage equipment, or disrupt the operation of the Services;
- Utilize the Services to conduct port scans or other invasive procedures against any server (except any server for which the User is an authorized system administrator);
- Utilize the Services to distribute, advertise or promote software or services that have the primary purpose of encouraging or facilitating unsolicited commercial email or spam;
- Utilize the Services to solicit or collect, or distribute, advertise or promote, email address lists for the purpose of encouraging or facilitating unsolicited commercial email or spam;
- Utilize the Services in any manner that might subject 1ShoppingCart® to unfavorable regulatory action, subject 1ShoppingCart® to any liability for any reason, or adversely affect 1ShoppingCart®‘s public image, reputation or goodwill, including, without limitation, sending or distributing sexually explicit, hateful, vulgar, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable materials as determined by 1ShoppingCart® in its sole discretion;
- Use any third party software that impairs, disrupts, destroys, or otherwise damages or has potential to damage 1ShoppingCart®‘s servers and facilities or the servers and facilities of other network hosts or Internet users; or
- Utilize the Services in any other manner to interrupt or interfere with the Internet usage of other persons.
- Disclaimer. 1ShoppingCart® expressly disclaims any obligation to monitor its Clients and other Users with respect to violations of this Policy. 1ShoppingCart® has no liability or responsibility for the actions of any of its Clients or other Users or any content any User may post on any Website.
Reporting Copyright Violations. 1ShoppingCart®
complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). 1ShoppingCart® encourages Users to report an alleged copyright infringement involving a
user by sending a notice that complies with the DMCA to:
Website Pros, Inc.
12735 Gran Bay Parkway West
Jacksonville, FL 32258
- 1ShoppingCart® reserves the right to suspend or terminate any customer pursuant to any valid DMCA complaint. Furthermore, 1ShoppingCart®, in its sole discretion, may suspend or terminate without notice, any User that 1ShoppingCart® determines is a repeat copyright infringer.
Remedies. If 1ShoppingCart® learns of a violation of
this Policy, 1ShoppingCart® will respond to the applicable Client and
may, in 1ShoppingCart®‘s sole discretion, take any of the following
actions, in accordance with the severity and duration of the violation:
- Warning the Client;
- Suspending the offending Client from the Services;
- Terminating the offending Client from the Services;
- Imposing fees or charges on the offending Client account in accordance with the applicable service contract;
- Removing the offending content or service; and
- Taking other action in accordance with this Policy, the applicable service contract or applicable law.
1ShoppingCart® reserves the right to cooperate with appropriate legal authorities in investigations of claims of illegal activity involving 1ShoppingCart®‘s Services, Clients and other Users. 1ShoppingCart® reserves all other rights to respond to violations of this Policy to the extent of applicable law and in accordance with any applicable contractual obligations. 1ShoppingCart® may utilize technical means to monitor communications into, and out of, its network facilities to prevent the introduction of viruses or other hostile code, to prevent intrusions and otherwise to enforce this Policy and each Client agrees that 1ShoppingCart® is authorized to monitor its communications through 1ShoppingCart®‘s network for such purposes.
Version 2.1 - 02/25/2009
If you have any questions concerning these terms, please contact us.